Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2690-X 48 Ports Stack Configuration

Azuriste
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I'm New with Cisco Catalyst Switch, we were shifted from Avaya Stack Switches to Cisco Catalyst Stacks .

My First question : Is Catalyst 2690-X do intervalan Configuration ?i have learned that there are some L3 Features Limitations !what they are  so?

Regards,

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you mean to say Catalyst 2960 ?

The cisco 2960 series is considered to have layer 2+ functionality, as it demonstrates some routing abilities without being robust enough to handle the same as a 3560  / 3750 / 3850

The cisco 2960-X does have limited layer 3 routing capability. Simply, it only supports a limited number of static or default routes.

The 2960-XR uses something called IP-Lite and supports dynamic routing (RIP and partial OSPF), but is still very limited in its layer 3 functionality. 

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 2960-X series switches are mainly layer-2 with limited layer-3 functionalities based on the license you have. What is your license and what are you trying to do with this switch?

HTH

I dont have any idea a bout License .How coud i get this information ?

I plan to do Stack switch of 2690 ( 4 switches ) , the main role of this Stack is for user and some server Vlans in Production Env (Voice/data Vlan , and some Vlans for Vmware Env ) .The routing will be done by PaloAlto(Firewall) and before to purchase theses switches i want to know if they support POE,IP Helper...)

Regards

thanks ,So the License is WS-C2960X-48LPS-L( LAN Base ) in my Case

Hi,
Should I Configure the first switch as a Master then i connect the switches 1 by 1 by FlexStack Cables OR cabling the switches by the Flexstack cables and then start the Configueration?
Regards

The 2960X series switches are designed for campus environments and not for data center, servers, and VM connectivity.  For servers and VMs, Nexus is a better choice.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card