Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950 unable to delete config from Flash - permission denied

Jim Layland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently undergoing an online traing course for CCNA and have just completed a section explaining how to set the boot system option. This triggered a memory of me having an old 2950 switch from a company I used to work which I acquired after they had a switch refresh.

I have located the switch and searched how I can recover it as it is currently protected with a password I do not know. I have booted the switch and held the "mode" button to get it to the "switch:" prompt and followed the instructions found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/12040-pswdrec-2900xl.html?referring_site=RE&pos=1&page=http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-121-mainline/6130-index.html

dir flash:  -  produced a list of files in Flash memory and while I couldn't see what looked to be an active config file, there was a file named "config.test.renamed", however, on attempting to delete it I received  a "permission denied" error. This also happen with the files "private-config.text.renamed" and "vlan.dat".

2950-Flash.jpg

I have found articles on others aspects relating to rommon but nothing identifying with type of error.

Can anyone help please?

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-   Try delete flash:config.test.renamed

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-   Try delete flash:config.test.renamed

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks M.

That's worked a treat   8-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card