Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2960-X & Star TSP100 receipt printer

wilwar4845
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings follow administrators.

New to the forums here, and wanted to start off by posing a question in regard to a recent difficulty I have been experiencing:

Recently, a brief power outage hit one of my facilities, and consequently reset one of my Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches. Went into the configuration and set all the ports back onto vlan1 to reestablish traffic back to the network and DC. However, one particular type of device has failed to reacquire and IP from the DHCP service running of the DC: the Star TSP100 receipt printer's. Managed to find a work around by connecting a Netgear switch between the receipt printer and the network cable connecting them back to the Catalyst switch. So long as the Netgear is between them and the Catalyst, they are able to acquire an IP from the DHCP service, but this is only a temporary solution. Any ideas as to what is keeping them from getting an IP while directly connected to the Catalyst, and what command on the switch's configuration will fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the configuration of the interface where the printer is connected to.

The facility this is occurring at is remote, so I don't have immediate access to the configurations at the moment. But, the setup as of now is relatively basic. Simply put: The Ethernet cable from the printer's route back to a patch panel, and from there goes into the switch. Not sure off the top of my head which ports (13, 17, & 18 if I had to guess). However, the configuration for the switch as of right now is set to the factory defaults except for all ports being assigned to vlan1 (default vlan).

Config t

int range gi 1/0/1 - 28

switchport access vlan 1

switchport mode access

Assume no other non-default settings are configured yet. Best I can do at the moment.

... and where is spanning-tree portfast?

Next time I can get back over there, I plan to set the spanning-tree mode to pvst. If that value is not set, could that be what's shooting down the printers?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card