Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3550 Traffic Analisys

jose cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I need to know if there is a command that helps me to check out the amount of traffic or bandwidth (or both) that is crossing any Catalyst 3550 port. At the other hand, I have used wire-shark in kiddy tests, but I don't really know what I have to look at the outputs to determine if there is a Host flooding the LAN.

I know this is a silly question but I've never done a LAN traffic Diagnostic for real .

Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply 1

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can check the traffic rate by looking at the interface counters with the 'show interface' command. You might also want to check all interface rates at once with a single command, you can use the 'show interface | include rate' (short: sh int | in rate) command to print the average traffic rate for all interfaces.

If you want to change the period of time on which the average calculation is based, you can use the 'load-interval ' interface configuration command. The minimum value is 30 seconds.

You can also use the 'show controllers utilization' command to display bandwidth utilization on the switch ports.

Refer to the following link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_44_se/command/reference/cli2.html#wp3419973

Andras

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card