Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3650 WAN access

I am unable to get WAN access to devices connected to a Catalyst 3650.I have 4 VLANs with 10.10.10.1-10.10.40.1 ips and inter-vlan routing is operation for LAN connectivity, but no WAN access.

my licenses are below

ipservices 1.1
ipservices eval 1.1
ipbase 1.1
ipbase eval 1.1
lanbase 1.1

CLI commands I've sent-

Switch(config) # IP routing 

Switch(config) # IP route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (IP of my MikroTic router with WAN access) 

Switch(config) # INT gigabitethernet 1/0/1

Switch(config-if)# ip address (IP address/subnet in same range as MikroTic) 

I can ping the ISP router from the switch which is two hops away. First HOP MikroTic Router. Second HOP ISP modem/router

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your router configured for NAT/PAT?

Your router "know" all your LAN networks?

I thought my NATs were configured but that’s a good place to look. something is missing so I’ve been looking through my inside NATS. I’ll report once I pull my address translations. 

Do you think in need to work on port translation. Because the network is smaller I haven’t addressed any PAT

PAT is used when you need to bind multiple internal IPs the same public IP (even for just two).

NAT has a 1:1 mapping between an internal IP and a public IP (although internal IPs can take turns using a public IP; just not concurrently).

I'm unfamiliar with your router but many "consumer" routers can only handle one internal network and sometimes even restrict what that internal network must be.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card