cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 - Where are ssh and scp documented?

Tilman Schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring a model WS-C3750X-24 running software version 12.2(55)SE5 for scp access in order to back up and update its configuration from a Linux administration server. The necessary commands such as "ip scp server enable" and "aaa authorization exec" are mentioned in forum postings and do work, but I cannot find them in the actual documentation, specifically the Command Reference and Configuration Guide.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tilman

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Rick,

thanks for the pointer. That's indeed the starting point I was looking for. So "Configuring Switch-Based Authentication" it is.

In fact, the very last sentence of that section which refers to the Cisco IOS Security Configuration Guide for details was the most important one for me. The C3750 CR and CG are not supposed to be complete descriptions of the switches' command set. They only cover the switch specific commands, and are supplemented by the general IOS CRs and CGs like said Security Configuration Guide.

Thanks again,

Tilman

Tilman

I am glad that my suggestions pointed you in the right direction to find the answers that you need. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card