Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I know that N5K has a dedicated management interface on it. Our network has a management vlan ( VLAN 250 - 192.168.250.0 /24 ) dedicated for management ip assignment for all the devices.My questions are related to this:-1. Can i create a Vlan 250 ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Nexus Upgrade

Hi,I am planning a Nexus 5k upgrade (5548) and plan to move from our current NX_OS n5000-uk9.5.0.3.N2.1to 5.2.1.N1.3.There is an alternate option of 5.1(3)N2(1c).Is there any reason why I should choose one of these options over another. I have examin...

Steviem30 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, folks.Anybody encountered any differences in these two releases ??? Following setup:Two Cat WS-C3560E-48PD-S:First one:Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------*...

Hi Ken,Had a little play with energywise on a Cisco 2960 LANlite switch..I have pasted  far below, the demo script I used  as an example of a number of technologies available for you to use.I make use of the ;alias andkron commands in my simulation t...

Hello All,We encountered a line card reload during connection tests.I'm trying to understand what happened.The technician on side just connected a laptop to a Ethernet port and the line card reloaded.If I'm not misunderstanding I remenber that if you...

dguigo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Friends,My query is " if i have 4 switches A, B, C and D and no hardcore spanning tree priority is configured for Vlan X and Y.But for vlan X and Y switch A is root bridge by default spanning tree calculation. Now i want to configure switch A as r...

Hi,I have:1x WS-SUP720 (SW:s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.151-1.SY1.bin on disk1) 1x WS-SUP720-B3 (SW:s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.151-1.SY1.bin on disk1) as a replacement of defective WS-SUP720The 1x WS-SUP720-B3 can't be boot (only in ROMMON mode) below is the o...

m.shaltaf by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a nexus 5548UP with layer 3 daughter board installed. Do i need to install any other license for intervlan routing on this switch?The network has multiple SVI vlans & they need to communicate between them.Below are the outputs from it;sh m...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to know if i use 2921 to make MPLS connection and make IPVPN as a backup tunnel if MPLS fail.  What protocol is good to use like BGP or OSPF for automatically failover if MPLS is down?

alan-wong by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI currently have the current setupDMZ switch > Dist switch > WAN > Dist switch > DMZ switchSo basically the DMZ switch plugs into the dist switch, from this dist switch is a ethernet wan connection, which plugs into a dist switch on the remote ...

hiWe had following critical error on the Nexus switch on 3rd July which caused full module restart and all fiber links going down. We need to investigate the root cause for this issue and raise support call for the same:2013 Jul  3 16:24:51 ADDC-Core...