cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3850 Flash directory .dbpersist/DMI_STATE_DB

jstrauch-0231
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what this directory in Flash is for?  I was changing a username password on one of our switches and the logs show an error pertaining to .dbpersist/DMI_STATE_DB/DMI_STATE_DB file.  

%TDLDB-3-DBPERSIST_OPERATION_FAILURE: Switch 1 R0/0: dbm: Operation: persist, DB: /tmp/rp/tdldb/0/DMI_STATE_DB, Failure reason No space left on device

I logged into the switch and there is plenty of space in Flash so not sure why this would have been triggered.  It looks like a temp file being created but I need to know why it is and is it potentially an issue.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Switch#sh platform soft mount switch <0-8> r0

Look for anything that has >85% 

If there is one, then have a look at this:  CSCvp73396 - Cat9300 Memory Leak due to nyq_rsync.log

@jstrauch-0231 wrote:

Please understand not everyone who asks questions can just easily post all output of show commands.  Some industries have certain security protocols that may not easily allow it.  I'll have to see if I can even post the requested output which is why I was asking for the relevance.

Like I always tell people:  Raise a TAC Case.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

show version
dir flash-1:
dir flash-1:/core
dir crashinfo-1:

Leo, while I appreciate people looking at my question I'm a little confused on what these outputs would help figure out.  Since this is a Public Forum I'd like to post only relevant info and not reveal unnecessary info.

No crash info so nothing to share there.

Version info is 16.09.06

This is the dir output of the directory reporting the issue.

SW01#dir flash:.dbpersist
Directory of flash:/.dbpersist/

15520 drwx 4096 Jan 25 2022 11:33:14 -05:00 DMI_STATE_DB
15523 -rw- 1495 Jan 25 2022 11:33:14 -05:00 stats

Directory of flash:.dbpersist/DMI_STATE_DB/

15521 -rwx 2560000 Jan 25 2022 11:33:14 -05:00 DMI_STATE_DB
15490 -rw- 62 Jan 25 2022 11:33:14 -05:00 DMI_STATE_DB.meta

I ran the MORE command on that DB file but its output wasn't really easy to read.

@jstrauch-0231 wrote:

%TDLDB-3-DBPERSIST_OPERATION_FAILURE: Switch 1 R0/0: dbm: Operation: persist, DB: /tmp/rp/tdldb/0/DMI_STATE_DB, Failure reason No space left on device

This is what I want to determine. 
If the output are not going to be provided, then I bow out.

Leo, that is what made no sense, I checked space after seeing what is going on and there was plenty of space in flash.  The /tmp directory is what I'm really wondering about, was this a temp file being created to track things and if so did it run out of space while being created thus we really don't know what happened.

Please understand not everyone who asks questions can just easily post all output of show commands.  Some industries have certain security protocols that may not easily allow it.  I'll have to see if I can even post the requested output which is why I was asking for the relevance.

Switch#sh platform soft mount switch <0-8> r0

Look for anything that has >85% 

If there is one, then have a look at this:  CSCvp73396 - Cat9300 Memory Leak due to nyq_rsync.log

@jstrauch-0231 wrote:

Like I always tell people:  Raise a TAC Case.

Leo, thank you.  Using the commands you provided I see that this Temp File System directory /tmp/rp/tdldb has very little space assigned to it (3MB only) so the creation of the temp file is most likely causing the error.  I can ask TAC what this is for and if it's a concern or not.

Thank you for you help.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may connect to your device (SSH) with https://cway.cisco.com/cli/ , in the top left run System Diagnostics.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Marce,  thanks I'll try using CLI Analyzer and seeing if it helps reveal any further details.

sebastian zhong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mate,

Cisco TAC's official advice:

Hope you are doing well. I asked for that specific output so we can clearly see the directory that is causing this issue. According to the logs the issue is “db: /tmp/rp/tdldb/0/dmi_state_db” therefore we will need to delete the directory:

To delete the path you could try the following command:

#rmdir bootflash:.dbpersist/DMI_STATE_DB/DMI_STATE_DB

If the command above fails, please try the following command:

#delete bootflash:.dbpersist/DMI_STATE_DB/DMI_STATE_DB.meta

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card