cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3850 Stack - 10G Modules

MARTIN HUERTER
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a (3) switch stack of Catalyst 3850 switches. I installed a 10G module in the 1st switch (the master) configured it and plugged it into the network and all works fine. Now I would like to add a second 10 Gigabit Ethernet connection to the stack in a channel group. When I install the 10G module into the standby switch (switch 3) I can do a "show inventory" and the 10G module is there. I can configure TenGigabitEthernet 3/1/3 and do a show run interface TenGigabitEthernet 3/1/3 all looks normal, but when I do a "show interface status" it is not listed and I cannot get the interface to come up. Is there anything I maybe missing when installing the 10G module or in my configurations?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you are not missing anything.  Once the module is installed and the switch is turned on, you should be able to see the interfaces.  You can try "sh" and "no sh" on the interfaces and test again, if not maybe a reboot of the stack can resolve that.

HTH

Hello Martin,

As a reference, please look at this link, it may help you,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-36084

Berta.

MARTIN HUERTER escribió:

I have installed a (3) switch stack of Catalyst 3850 switches. I installed a 10G module in the 1st switch (the master) configured it and plugged it into the network and all works fine. Now I would like to add a second 10 Gigabit Ethernet connection to the stack in a channel group. When I install the 10G module into the standby switch (switch 3) I can do a "show inventory" and the 10G module is there. I can configure TenGigabitEthernet 3/1/3 and do a show run interface TenGigabitEthernet 3/1/3 all looks normal, but when I do a "show interface status" it is not listed and I cannot get the interface to come up. Is there anything I maybe missing when installing the 10G module or in my configurations?

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card