cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9200L stacking question

michaeldillard
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked with creating a 9200L stack at a remote site. The existing switch is a 9200L-24P-4G. The only switch i have on hand to ship to Houston is a 9200L-24P-4X. I am assuming this will be fine as i have not seen any documentation to tell me otherwise. Same base model (9200L-24P) running the same version software (17.03.04 CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE) and the same Technology package (network-advantage)   Only difference being the speed capabilties of the fixed uplink ports.

Should i be concerned? Not wanting to fly out there and the project fail.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @michaeldillard,

The Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches provide the flexibility for mixed-mode support between different models in a single stack ring. You can mix switches with different model variants (PoE, data, Multigigabit) and different network modules in the stack; however, it is not possible to mix the 9200 and 9200L models due to different stacking bandwidth.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-stackwise-architecture-cte-en.html

Then you're OK with your two C9200L models running the same version software (17.03.04 CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE) and the same Technology package (network-advantage).

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @michaeldillard,

The Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches provide the flexibility for mixed-mode support between different models in a single stack ring. You can mix switches with different model variants (PoE, data, Multigigabit) and different network modules in the stack; however, it is not possible to mix the 9200 and 9200L models due to different stacking bandwidth.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-stackwise-architecture-cte-en.html

Then you're OK with your two C9200L models running the same version software (17.03.04 CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE) and the same Technology package (network-advantage).

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

michaeldillard
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much! Greatly eases my mind

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card