cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9300 Number of configurable HSRP instances not group numbers

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there all, I am looking at replacing a CAT3750V2 switch with a CAT9300 because I have hit the maximum of 32 configurable instances of HSRP. I have asked GVE and they have told me twice now that the CAT9300 will support 256 configurable instances of HSRP. Now although GVE are usually correct with their information I am a little doubting about it this time as the CAT3850's support 64 instances only. 

Does anyone out there have a CAT9300 and can LAB up more than 40 instances of HSRP to confirm that I can use a pair of these rather than a pair of 3850's?

Cheers

Stuart

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's a very poor answer for a "VIP Expert" the question I asked was how many configurable instances which will be hardware dependant. The example I gave with the 3750V2 that supports up to 256 groups though you can only configure 32 actual instances. Are the Catalyst 9300's the same as the 3750V2's? I need to know the maximum configurable instances of HSRP and not the maximum groups. I have read all the publically available literature and cannot find the answer in any of it, GVE gave me the same answer as you have which I do not believe as being what I have requested.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card