Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9500 Licenses

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

i have a question here as per the attached snapshot for catalyst 9500 licenses in datasheet i want to know the exact Advanced switch capabilities and scale ( BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, BSR, MSDP, PIM SM, PIM SSM PIM-BIDIR*, IP SLA, OSPF ) hence what advance is covered in eigrp ospf, bgp which is not covered by below essential licenses

Switch fundamentals
Layer 2, Routed Access (RIP, EIGRP Stub, OSPF – Upto 2000 routes),PBR, PIM Stub Multicast (upto 32000 routes)), PVLAN, VRRP, PBR, CDP, QoS, FHS, 802.1x, Macsec-128, CoPP, SXP, IP SLA Responder, SSO

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Only with "Network Advantage" license you can run the following protocols

BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, BSR, MSDP, PIM-BIDIR,* IP SLA, OSPF

These protocols are not supported with "Network Essential" license.

HTH

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @adamgibs7 ,

I share what I found in this guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-8/configuration_guide/rtng/b_168_rtng_9500_cg.html

About OSPF

The Network Advantage license supports OSPF NSF Awareness for IPv4

The Network Advantage license supports the OSPFv2 NSF IETF format in addition to the OSPFv2 NSF Cisco format that is supported in earlier releases. 

The Network Advantage license also supports OSPF NSF-capable routing for IPv4 for better convergence and lower traffic loss following a stack master change.

About EIGRP

The Network Advantage license supports EIGRP NSF Awareness for IPv4.

The Network Advantage license supports EIGRP Cisco NSF routing to speed up convergence and to eliminate traffic loss after a stack master change.

The Network Advantage license also supports EIGRP NSF-capable routing for IPv4 for better convergence and lower traffic loss following a stack master change.

On a device running the Network Essentials license, if you try to configure multi-VRF-CE and EIGRP stub routing at the same time, the configuration is not allowed. IPv6 EIGRP stub routing is not supported with the Network Essentials license.

About BGP

The BGP NSF Awareness feature is supported for IPv4 in the Network Advantage license.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card