Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst C6800IA-48FPDR Nvram Verification Failed

Hi all,

I have switch Cisco 6800ia -48FPDR

When i save configuration it will give error.

Configuration is saved using cisco different commond but it give same error "nvram verification failed".

Kindly help me i have tryed but issue does not fix.

Thanks in advance.

18 Replies 18

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post show version to look any bugs before we can answer different.

or you can try below :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/the-nvram-verification-failed-or-quot-startup-config-file-open/ta-p/3112030

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks sir for your time and replye i will share version and othere details.

And sir the link you shared is to save configiration usnig copy-running config startup-config commond to save configuration that i have already check but it give same error.

have you tried deleting ? startup-config ?

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the Master switch running on?

Thanks sir for your time and responce i have only singal switch there is no master switch.

Actually i want to give ip address from and consol and then use from web interface but it does not save configiration.

And give error nvram verification failed. 

Error details is here

@akhtaralikhan281 wrote:

Thanks sir for your time and responce i have only singal switch there is no master switch.

Well, there should be.

6800IA switch is a "dumb" switch.  All the config is managed by a 6880 or a 6807 acting as a parent.  

@leo --  ouch i was in impress that full switch  Looks like Line card. like FEX.

BB

@balaji.bandi wrote:

Looks like Line card. like FEX.

That was exactly the intention of the 6800IA.  It was to behave like a Nexus FEX but the IA was even better because one could "stack" each IA switch "downwards".  It was really a good idea.  

The 3560CX (with 10 Gbps uplink) can even support IA (Instant Access) at one stage.  

Unfortunately, it did not sell well because someone decided to make it un-affordable.   Really, really un-affordable.  

Can i use any model catalyst switch as a parent switch for 6800ia.???

Ok sir thanks is there is any soultion to use it as a single switch for busniss Continuity.

I mean to change ios or any other way.

as mentioned it's just a line card that required a parent switch to get it to work.

BB

@akhtaralikhan281 wrote:

Ok sir thanks is there is any soultion to use it as a single switch for busniss Continuity.

I mean to change ios or any other way.

Everything about the operation, configuration and management of the 6800IA switch is managed by a parent switch.  Even the IOS of the 6800IA is managed by the parent switch.  The 6800IA was not meant to be nor designed to be an "independent" switch, regardless of what IOS version it is running on.

Either get a 6807/6880 and get this configured for IA or get a different access switch.  Those are the options.  

Ok sir i have catalyst 3750x and 3560g switch can i manage from them...?

If then how plz guide me

What exactly are you trying to do?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card