cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changed from DS3 to 100mb Ethernet, routing? issues

gevorkya99
Level 1
Level 1

Just switched over to a 100mb Ethernet circuit from a DS3 and having some issues, routing issues I believe.

I'm attaching a drawing to help paint the picture which I'll explain below:

DS3 setup

DS3 circuit connected to a serial card on Cisco 7206 router, has a /30 network internal to Telco assigned to it

FastEthernet port coming off that router with public IP and subnet(was half of class C /25) assigned to it connected to a 'dummy' 12 port switch(basically acting as a hub)

The 'dummy' switch has 2 Cisco ASA's connected to it, each with a /26 subnet IP from the public block that we had

Also there are 2 Routers connected to this same switch, their IPs are /25 subnet IPs, but they fall outside of the /26 subnet mentioned above for the ASA's.

Hope this is not confusing so far...

Only had one routing statement on the 7206, ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial1/0 and everything worked as it should, i was able to ping the 7206 IP from any internal device(either of the ASA's, the 2 routers, etc.)

New setup - 100mb Ethernet connection

Circuit connected to FastEthernet port that was empty on Cisco 7206 router, has a /30 network internal to Telco assigned to it - c.c.c.90

Same FastEthernet port as was used for original setup now has a new public IP and subnet(went down to /27) assigned to it connected to a 'dummy' 12 port switch(basically acting as a hub)

The 'dummy' switch has 2 Cisco ASA's connected to it, each now with a /28 subnet IP from the public block

The 2 Routers connected to this same switch, their new IPs are /27 subnet IPs, but they fall outside of the /28 subnet mentioned above for the ASA's.

Per Telco had to change the routing statement to point to an IP instead of an interface, so new statement is

Ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 c.c.c.89                  

The Problem:

I can not ping the 7206 from either of the 2 routers or the 2 ASA's
I can ping the 7206 from my internal network behind the 2 ASA's just fine

I can ping the 2 routers and the ASA's from 7206 just fine also

HELP

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can we see the routing tables for all devices ?

Also the arp tables would be good.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card