cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cicso switch not going out of the gateway

jmcghee
Level 1
Level 1

I inheritied a switch from my predecessor a wsc4948. So there is only one pc, a camera switch, and finally the last connection is the connection to the the switching leading to the gateway. 

Symptoms are this I can telnet into the device via the onsite router. But not from my desk. The router config works for all the other networking on site. 

I have been scratching my head for a while. The only other thing that strikes me as odd is all the switch ports that are up are set to trunk mode. There is a default gateway set on the switch. What else could be causing telnet traffic  going to this switch not make it back to me. Again the route to me via eigrp is working for all the other equipment there and the default gate way is set.  

2 Replies 2

Hello

It could be as simple as a access control list negating your access, Can you post the config of this switch

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Can you ping the switch from your desk? All ports should not be trunk. Router port might be trunk so you can telnet from the router..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card