Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1803 can't update

ctciscosupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to update my Cisco 1803 firmware via the webinterface by doing; "Tools > Update SDM > From Cisco.com". However, it asks for credentials for CCO. So I enter my Cisco account credentials and another screen pops-up. Now it's a JAVA screen trying to connect to: software-sj.cisco.com/198.133.219.243, however, when I give the same CCO credentials it just pops-up again! and again!

It's not accepting my login credentials or something. I don't want to search the entire Cisco.com for the firmware I need because I am afraid I will get the wrong one and kill the router.

I need a firmware update because the SDM isn't responding to any buttons anymore (I guess it's the JAVA version).

Anyone?

Gr,

Michel

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michel

Can you verify that your CCO ID has authorization to download software? The behavior that you describe suggests that your ID is not authorized to download software.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your reply, where can I check said settings?

Michel

When you login on the Cisco site there is a tab near the top of the page labeled account. When you click this tab it opens a page with various options about your account. Choose the option for Profile Manager. This takes you to a page where you can see and edit various options. In the section for Additional Access is an option for Service Contract Owner. If you choose this it takes you to a page which will display any Service Contract associated with your ID, if your ID is linked to a Service Contract.

Having your ID linked to a Service Contract is the thing that qualifies you to download software.

It may be possible to figure out the answer without going through all those steps. Do you know whether you have a Service Contract (SmartNet)? If you do not have a Service Contract then you are not authorized to download software.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card