Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey thereI am trying to use xmodem to from Hyperterminal to upload a flash file to a switch.I keep getting the an "invalid arguement" error after it starts the transfer. Any idea as to why or how i can upload this image.Thankscopy xmodem: flash:c2950...

Hi:Does anyone have a good read on IB?I have questions regarding the network and socket layers in the IB stack and how it scales in a data center.I'm trying to wrap my head around the addressing and session schemas and how RDMA is done.I have a feeli...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone have a work around for this issue. I've got a 3750 connected to an hp 2810 switch in a port-channel setup.on cisco sideint range gix/x/x -xchannel-group 1 mode activeon the hp sidetrunk 47-48 trk1 LACPIve been getting drops on the HP side...

My customer has a CATOS 6500  series switch with the command "set spantree priority 2000"How does this value relates to  a value i.e. 4096 in IOS?I need to connect with a IOS box to a CATOS switch network an worry about faulty spanning tree value's t...

dirks_2 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a problem with Cisco Core Switch 6509-E in its boot as following: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------rommon 3 > dir bootflash: Initializing ATA monitor library...Director...

I want to buy a layer 3 switch with the following features:1. intervlan routing2. Giga Ethernet ports.3. Requires at least 8 ports.Im thinking of WS-C3750X-24T-S or the WS-C3560X-24T-S. Is there a 12 ports layer 3 switch? Is there a better product th...

after1111 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have an install with 2 x N5Ks configured with a vPC Peer Link. There are multiple Vlans and VPCs required.However there is also a requirment to single connect some of the Servers directly to the 5Ks. As an example the Servers will be in Vlan 100...

iwearing by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

By default in ospf redistribution the routes shows as E2 route in the routing table. To change this as E1 we use the below command."R1(config-router)#redistribute rip subnets metric-type 10"what is the minimum and maximum we can provide as the metric...

HI all,i have configured netflow on the cisco 877 router on the vlan interface on port 2055.  the data reaches the server only every time the router is rebooted. its a remote router with VPN configuration and sends the data back to the head office. i...

tomphilip by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have 10.0.21.X/24 as a HSRP btwn 2 core peers in OSPF Area 0 which is my server VLAN. We are relocating our HQ and moving servers in phases. We found one server whereby clients connect via IP rather than hostname and say has an IP of 10.0.21.100/...

aamercado by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to find an answer to a problem.I am helping a campus that uses 10+ SRW2048 Switches around campus. They are currently connected by Fiber Optic but through Media convertors then Etherner into each SRW2048 Switches. To my assumption dumbing...

I am working on a plan to upgrade the Network to accommodate for a newly installed VoIP (none-cisco) solution and for the potential growth.  The existing setup has around 14 3560’s dual-home to the Core (pair of 4510’s).The plan is to upgrade the Cor...

Dean-VA by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes