Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 1941 BAD Ram Location

Fernan David
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would like seek help regarding my problem with Cisco 1941 Series Router. I encountered 4 defective router since last year with the same case. Here is the error.

Failed data equals address test
Bad RAM at location 0x80422910: wrote 0x80422910, read 0x00422910
%%ERROR: DDR memory test failed! Stop.

Appreciate your help.

7 Replies 7

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Follow the link below as a guide to open the cover of your router, this link is appllicable for 1900 series routers..

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1900/hardware/installation/guide/1900_HIG/Inst_Upgr_Int_Mods.pdf

1- Remove the RAM module and clean its contacts using a lint free cotton cloth

2- Reinsert the RAM module till it is flush in its slot

3- Reboot, and if the problem persists, then it does seem likely that the RAM is defective. try to swap it with other one if you have a spare

Let us know how it goes with you...

Regards

Hi,

I already tried opening all 4 routers but the funny thing is that they don't have a RAM. The RAM slot was empty thats why I kept searching what to clean cause I assume it only need cleaning.

Thats sounds good, if you found the solution for your issue then please close the discussion by clicking on correct answer and rate the post.

Regards

I still haven't resolved it. What I'm saying is the router doesn't have a RAM on the RAM slot. But it say's bad RAM location.

Go and buy one for each router, what you waiting for ??

Any resolution aside from that? Routers were working before even though they don't have RAM. So I guess buying them RAM won't fix it.

Hi david,

i have the same problem on my cisco 1941, any solution please ?,

Thanks

Hamza

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card