Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am setting up port spanning for the first time on a  2960 and it seems pretty straightforward but I have a few questions.  Both ports are in the same vlan on the same switch.  When I try to set the encapsulation to dot1q on the destination port I c...

Hello, Can I get some input from some of the QoS pros please. I've noticed interface Output drops on some ports on a 2960X switch. These ports have policy-maps. I've been trying to dig into the QoS side of these and have hit some confusing points. 1....

Hi, Would like seek help regarding my problem with Cisco 1941 Series Router. I encountered 4 defective router since last year with the same case. Here is the error. Failed data equals address testBad RAM at location 0x80422910: wrote 0x80422910, re...

Resolved! advice

Hi, Any one can advice me ... If i have 4 routers   (  A > B > C > D ) the ospf area between ( A & B) on area 0  and the area between ( B & C ) on area 0 and the area between ( C & D ) on area 1 ..  I know the summary route can done in ABR or ASBR  s...

Hello, I'm currently trying to find out if there's a way to use ospf to redistribute the /32 ip address that's assigned to an interface with a /24 address. This would be useful as I have a core router (R1) that has two point-point links that connect ...

ok this is very strange . 50 - 100 switches  i can ping 80% of them fine . 4 or 5 switches  on my network i cant ping from the pc . but if i go directly to the switch i have the computer connected to that is 5 hops away from the other switch and any ...

def332233 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Team, Actually we are using cisco 3750 switch in two separate segment, But in first switch we can able to access IP phone using POE port but the same version second switch POE is not working?  Is i need to configure anything to activate the POE...

Hi all, I have this design plan for redundancy for our stack switch. i have simulated it and works perfectly fine (using STP). Somehow I notice i cannot simulate the router to switch connection. The routers will be connected to the two stack switches...

rrairineo1 by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have Cisco Layer 3 Switch 3860 with 12 SFP ports (no ethernet), connected with Cisco 2960 switch and a Router Cisco 2911. Currently I have created 4 VLans i.e. 10 (10.1.10.0 / 255.255.255.128), 20(10.1.20.0), 30(10.1.30.0) & 40(192.168.2.0 / 255.25...

Hello Bro's, I have here in the Datacenter cisco 6509-e switch, pretty nice but I have question here, WHAT IOS's to check for the upgradability? I have here Sups, modules,..etc?Is there any differences in upgrading the IOS? we just used to tftp it i...

Hi anyone seen this error? Not able to find info about it.  %EC-SW2-3-INVALID_CHANNEL_GROUP The channel group number 853 is invalid. The valid range is 0-512. This is a channel to which a wism2 blade is connected. As the channel was created by the s...