Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 permanent traffic monitor?

jquattrini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was previously using SDM for our Cisco 2811, and this past week installed CISCO Configuration Professional so I could have access to a bandwidth/traffic monitor.

I have successfully started the monitoring service and monitored traffic from within CCP, but it appears that if I turn off the computer I am using to monitor the traffic, it stops collecting data until I start CCP and the monitor up again.

Is there a way (maybe with IOS console commands) that I can have the monitor always running, so I can pull up, say, a week's worth of info at any time?  Leaving the computer on all the time is not an option, and currently I have only a few days of data, then a big empty chunk, and then what I have collected since I started it back up today.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

The fundamentals of your applications are that it collects data from your router, however it does not mean that your 2811 router is running CCP.

I would suggest that you install this software on a server that will be running 24/7 for you to be able to monitor and get all the information you need and also be able to archive the collected data.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card