cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 router hang frequently and restart.

Manas Behera
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i have facing problem in my Cisco Secure router 2811.  It hanging every 5 to 10 minutes and restart. 

IOS of cisco router is 12.4 ipsecurity.

I have attached the error log and configuration file of my router.  Kindly see the log and let me the problem in my router. 

Regards,

Manas Ranjan.

+91 9560499888

manash.behera@gmail.com.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I will not advice you as to what IOS version you should go to.  This is your responsibility.

I will, however, tell you that the IOS you are currently running,12.4(15)XZ2, was released 24 February 2009.  So it's pretty old.  There's no other release to this which means that this version is the last of this Train.

Go to the Cisco Download Software Centre, choose the IOS and read the Release Notes.

The Error_Log.txt files has stated that the router crashed due to software-caused.  You also have alot of Tracebacks.  So these evidences points to an IOS-related issue.

NOTE:  So as not to waste your time, take note of your router's DRAM and Flash capacity and choose an IOS which will "fit" these requirements.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried to upgrade the IOS?

Hi,

no i am not upgrade the IOS.

no i am not upgrade the IOS.

Sorry.  I don't understand this.   Are you saying:

1.  You DON'T WANT TO upgrade the IOS; or

2.  You HAVE NOT YET upgraded the IOS

Hi,

it is still 12.4 and i have not yet upgraded the IOS.

Regards,

Manas Ranjan.

+91 9560499888

Hi,

and let me know which version i shall upgrade.

Regards,

Manas Ranjan Behera.

I will not advice you as to what IOS version you should go to.  This is your responsibility.

I will, however, tell you that the IOS you are currently running,12.4(15)XZ2, was released 24 February 2009.  So it's pretty old.  There's no other release to this which means that this version is the last of this Train.

Go to the Cisco Download Software Centre, choose the IOS and read the Release Notes.

The Error_Log.txt files has stated that the router crashed due to software-caused.  You also have alot of Tracebacks.  So these evidences points to an IOS-related issue.

NOTE:  So as not to waste your time, take note of your router's DRAM and Flash capacity and choose an IOS which will "fit" these requirements.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information.

i will upgrade the IOS and give you feedback on the same.

Regards,

Manas Ranjan Behera.

+91 9560499888

Hi,

i have upgraded the ios and it working fine now.

thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Manas Ranjan

+91 9560499888

Thank you very much Manas for the follow-up.  Glad to see the appliance is now working. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card