Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 router configuration

Hello Friends,

We are using cisco SX20 video conferencing system and the lease line of 4Mbps is terminated on router interface of 0/0.

Video device is configured with local LAN IP address and NAT with Static IP (public IP address).

I am able to dial all the demo sites and tried to call on live site call, call is getting connected to far site but not able see video and audio of far site.

Is there any configuration has to do in Router our router model is 2921 ISR.

Need a help on the router configuration to enable the video conference services.

Kindly share the configuration.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is difficult to determine the problem from the description given so far. Can you post the config of the router? That might give us more insight into what is the issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply!!!!!

Before sharing the config of the router i like to brief some more about the router.

Router we are using is Cisco BE6KS 2921 integrated with USE card for the CUCM call manager.

From this same router we are using for data and voice both, 1 PRI is connected on the router and 4Mbps lease line is terminated from ISP we got 4 public ip address one of that we are using for video conferencing.

Regards

Laxminarayan

Laxminarayan

Thank you for posting the router config. I am not expert in voice/unified communications and we may need someone else in the forum who does have that expertise to comment on that part of the config. But I do have these comments about several parts of the config.

There are several things I see as issues with the configured address translation. Starting with this statement whose syntax is not correct. You should specify the inside address and the global address and not the mask.

ip nat source static 10.10.10.119 255.255.255.0

The next two statements deal with the same pair of addresses but in reverse order. I believe that the second one is correct and the first one is in the wrong order. I am also not sure why specify the route map since the configured route map does not seem to do anything.
ip nat inside source static 49.248.113.163 10.10.10.119 route-map ITTV
ip nat inside source static 10.10.10.119 49.248.113.163

I note that you have configured your public addresses as secondary addresses on Gig0/0 and wonder why? I am not sure that it causes any problem but do not see how it is being used and if it is not being used then I would suggest removing the secondary addresses.

I also note that you have enabled IRB. But there is not anything in the config that uses IRB. There is no interface BVI and no interfaces that enable bridging. I am guessing that IRB was part of a config that you used as a model. If you need it in the config then you should configure something that uses it. And if you do not configure something that uses it then I suggest that you remove it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Laxminarayan

I see one other thing to point out about your address translations which relates to these two lines

ip nat inside source list 1 interface GigabitEthernet0/0 overload
ip nat inside source list 10 pool ABC overload

If you are going to provide a unique translation for 10.10.10.119 in ACL 10 then you should deny that address in ACL 1. In the current config I believe that this address will be translated using the Interface overload and not using the address pool.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card