cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2960 24 TC-L

ricardo.marrero
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning , SW 2960 24 TC-L , we would use dual purpose ports one of them is RJ45 and another SFP according to the manual, the ethertchannel is for getting  a fault tolerance if any port fail :

the next configuration is for one of the SW another switch would have the same configuration:

SW0(config)#int range gigabitethernet 0/25 -  26

SW0(config-if-range)#shut ctrlz 

SW0(config)#int gigabitethernet 0/25

SW0(config)#media type rj45 ctrlz

SW0(config)#int gigabitethernet 26

SW0(config)#media type sfp ctrlz

SW0(config)#int range gigabitethernet 0/25 -  26

SW0(config-if-range)# speed 100 

SW0(config-if-range)# duplex full

SW0(config-if-range)# channel-group-1 mode on , ctrlz

to verify the configuration

SW0#sh run , to see the configuration also

SW0#sh ip int breaf , to see the port channel 

SW0#sh spanning-tree 

SW0#sh etherchannel detail  , to see the port channel detail

Thanks for your support 

Best Regards

Ricardo

2 Replies 2

Not sure of your questions, but if it is regarding the media type comapatibility in Port-channel,

i think it should work...though i have not tested it.

MAdhu

Hi Madhukrishnan , I have verified the switch again , but it has 2 dual port purposes ( please see the attachment) I remembered that it had only two ports one RJ45 and another SFP , but it has 2 RJ45 ports and 2 SFP  if so , could use two SFP ports  to connect to  another switch  2960 24 TC-L and if for any reason one link fail another link goes up automatic and fast , in this case we would not need the etherchannel and  could it  be a fault tolerance for  achieving  fault tolerance  arrangement  , I mean , as usually so we have two links , spanning tree protocol would  block one path while another path  is up and running , just in case one path fail another path transmit the information  but we need it would be fast ,   could  RSTP  do it as faster as  etherchannel ,  which of them could be the most reliable arrangement to achieve the  fault tolerance according to your opinion.?  because if RSTP do it as faster as etherchannel then we buy two  SFP for each pair of switches and it would be the solutions 

The IOS version is  12.2 < 55 > SE5  Release fc1

Regards 

Ricardo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card