Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 Image transfer

Hobi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I currently have a 2960 in rommon mode with no available images on it. I have had 8 attempts at transferring a new image to it via xmodem which takes 5 hours each time and it gets to 100% and then fails with an I/O error listed on the switch console. I seen some methods for TFTP, I'm not sure they are compatible with my switch and didn't seem to work. When assigning a IP address and router and attempting a tftp transfer I get an output message of no such device. I've been unable to use this device for a week now unfortunately. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Find an old IOS version, particularly one that is a lot smaller than the one you are uploading now. 

Use a different machine to do the xmodem transfer.

Hobi
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out this was my own fault, theres an option on tera term to "send file" which is what I was using and it was failing at 100%. Just further down from this option as a transfer option which then allows you to select xmodem and then the send option. I've tested this twice today and both transfers have worked.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the update and for sharing how you resolved your issue.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card