cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560CG-8PC-S - Buzzing Noise - Faulty?

petermann77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Cisco 3560CG-8PC-S and it has a buzzing sound. I think this sound originates from the transformer within the unit. Is this normal or potentially faulty. Please could someone who has a Cisco 3560CG-8PC-S check this for me.

Thanks and regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I have alot of these and I can assure you it's as quiet as a church.

View solution in original post

Yes.  Zero noise and zero vibrations.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3560CG is suppose to be fanless and doesn't have any moving parts.  For safety sake, I'd RMA it.

Thanks. True. It doesn't have any fans so indeed it silent from a fan perspective.

However, I'm rather sure it is the AC-DC transformer in the unit. I suspect there should be some noise but just wanted someone else to put their ear to the unit to see if there is 'any' noise.

thanks.

I have alot of these and I can assure you it's as quiet as a church.

So 100% zero noise?

Yes.  Zero noise and zero vibrations.

petermann77
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the input. Sounds like it is faulty. Regards.

Like I said earlier, play it safe.  RMA the appliance.  3560CG should still be under warranty.

Thanks for taking the time to rate our useful posts. 

franklinb
Level 1
Level 1

I've just taken one out of the box and powered it up to find it also making a buzzing noise :/ It's a 240VAC version

Checked the second one of two - same buzzing :(

romainkerleroux
Spotlight
Spotlight

Same for me but on a CBS250-16P-2G model (brand new received). Another one received gets the same noise... Both are working properly but with this small buzzing noise... Is it really an issue ?

I do not think so, we had many for a customer and they all make some bussing sound. One unit once had that sound but a bit more , and that unit was RMA-ed from the customer back to us, and the replacement we bought and shipped had the same buzzing sound again.

I have one for one year powering up my access-points at home and it also has a light buzzing sound. 

Today I am testing one WS-C3560CG-8PC-S and it also has a very light buzzing sound but is working fine. 

My feeling is that most of them do make this buzzing sound. None of the ones we shipped in the last years (except one) was returned from customers. I bet when you have it on your desk in a quite place you will notice it way more then when the switch is not close to you.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card