Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 Routing...

arjunysawant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our organization there are two each server (eg. A,B & C,D & E,F) which are sync and having direct internet connectivity are accessible from internet users.

My management planning put firewall between internet and server.servers should be connected on cisco 3750 switch.(Internet--Firewall--Switch--Server)

Servers private ip natted with public ip on firewall.Internet user will connect server A, but when server A down internet user should connect to server B.

Customer want manual intervention on cisco 3750 switch for shifting traffic to server B.

Is there any tactic/soln, which we can configure on cisco 3750 for manually changing traffic (Routing).

OR for automatic what we can configure on switch and server.

Any kind of help is welcome.....

Existing setup attached in file without firewall and 3750 switch.

Thanx..

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Customer want manual intervention on cisco 3750 switch for shifting traffic to server B - You should talk to tyour customer and convince them that NAT/port forward configs willbe on Firewall and it is recomended to do any reqd (manual) changes on firewall when ServerA goes down/having issues.

So on firewall- you configured port forward ('google for configuration examples) for server A and when server A has any issues you can manually remove Server A config and add server B related config.

Automatic failover- As you use same port for different destination- you may need load balancer to achieve this.

Fianlly- You asked for configs/changes on switch, but I don't think it works in that way in your scenario.

Thx

MS

Hi,

Thanx for ur reply,...

Can we use cluster IP method on server.Two servers having different physical ip address and same cluster ip.Then on firewall will nat that cluster IP with public IP.

OR

On firewall can we configure NAT with two different private ip address with same public ip address with some metric for

failover.

Let me know If somewhere I wrong...

Thanx..

Hi Arjun,

Option 2: Firwall with NAT - will not work.

Cluster IP - May work but I guess it is somthing similar to load balancing. I never implemented (used Load balancers) this but it sounds doable.

Thx

MS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card