Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I have to configure PVLAN in an L2 environment to transport traffic between several hosts (more than 200) to a server. The requirement is that servers cannot communicate between each other, so I should use PVLAN because ACL L2 doesnt scale in ...

Hi there:I found the following event log in C6506Jul 17 07:45:18.186: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by otnadmin on vty0 (XXX.XXX.XXX.XX)Jul 23 15:41:37.551: %HA_EM-6-LOG: Mandatory.go_nvrambatterymon.tcl: GOLD EEM TCL policy for TestNVRAMB...

Hi all,I'm mixed up about the information I find online, about the bandwidth/throughput supported by the FlexStack module.The datasheet and the whitepaper about the module states that each connection provides 10Gbps of Full Duplex throughput.http://w...

I have a 2960 24 port switch. I need to take the current config and put it on the new 48 port 2960 switch. Copy and paste of the txt file is not working. I get lots of errors. I read that this should work.  I am using tera term and did changed the "d...

Hi guys,i'm working in a government health network and we actually have a Cisco Catalyst 4503 as a Core Switch with a bunch of 2960Gs and 2950, etc. My question is regarding the best solution to have for having the Core Switch to change. Scenario 1: ...

Hi Friends,I am looking for some information on duplex modes on a Gig thernet port. I have read in some documents that Gig Ethernet supports only full duplex mode. I tried to verify this on my Core switch which is s stack of 3750 copper and fibre swi...

hello all , We are planning to move from IOS 12 to IOS 15 on our CIsco LAN switches WS-C2960S-24PS-L .But on cisco webiste to downlaod image I am able to find only Universal image no LAN BASE licnse is there for 2960 in IOS 15 . example c2960s-univer...

Hello , We have got new Catalyst 3560X-24P-S Switch which is going to be used as L3 switch with basic static routes configrtaion ( no EIGRP or OSPF )Was confused between two licenses below,  which I see on cisco site , can any one please suggest me w...

HI allplease i want to connect CISCO (Multilayer ) 10 gig  port SFP+ with Alcatel Lucent 10 gig port XFP , please are they compatible with each other??????? this is specification of Alcatel XFP :Transceiver Type   : XFPModel Number       : 3HE05831CA...

I have a iBook G4. Console cable, and USB to Serial adapter cable. I would like to be able to console into a Cisco router, I am using Zterm as was recommanded early for Hyperterminal. it seems that the connection is there. when I click on the Zterm...

I have a Cisco 2811 giving the following strange console output. I have another Cisco 2811 that is giving normal console output. I am using the typical console settings, it's very strange."Τ@(     Ão!}rBÌ9üÿ#ˆ—Ç+ç‘Úø"nü                           ÌÉÆ...

Hi,I am looking for ways to secure the access layer. So far, I have port-sec, DTP disabled, unused ports shut, and other ports in a vlan that is not trunked.Obvioulsy, spoofing MAC's to overcome Port-sec is not that difficult, so what else can be don...