Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 QOS - Order of Class Error

Benso2013
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have what I believe to be a simple QOS configuration for traffic shaping. I have two routed ports gi1/0/1 and gi1/0/2 with two QOS policies created. I want to apply one policy to gi1/0/1 and the other to gi1/0/2. However, when I try to do this, I get an error stating that "Order of classes in policy name policy_name is not consistent with installed policy". I'm not sure what I'm missing. Can anyone help me figure this out. One more thing. If I apply one of the two policies to their respective interfaces, it works. It is when I try to apply the second policy to the second interface that the error pops up. 

class-map match-any Customer1_Group_CLASS
match access-group name Customer1_ACL

policy-map Customer1_Policy_MAP
class Customer1_Group_CLASS
set qos-group 3

int vlan30
service-policy input Customer1_Policy_MAP

class-map match-any Customer1_CLASS
match qos-group 3

policy-map Customer1_POLICY
class Customer1_CLASS
shape average 5184000

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
service-policy output Customer1_POLICY
!

---------------------------------------

class-map match-any Customer2_Group_CLASS
match access-group name Customer2_ACL

policy-map Customer2_Policy_MAP
class Customer2_Group_CLASS
set qos-group 6

int vlan31
service-policy input Customer2_Policy_MAP

class-map match-any Customer2_CLASS
match qos-group 6

policy-map Customer2_POLICY
class Customer2_CLASS
shape average 768000

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
service-policy output Customer2_POLICY

Thank you

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/200729-Common-QoS-error-messages-on-Catalyst-38.html#anc11

M,

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

the restriction below applies. I think in your case, the Vlan interfaces are seen as 'downstream'. For the sake of testing, can you remove the service policies from the Vlan interfaces, and then apply the service policies to the physical interfaces again ?

--> The classification sequence for all wired queuing-based policies should be the same across allwired upstream ports (TenGigabit Ethernet), and the same for all downstream wired ports(Gigabit Ethernet).

Georg,

Thanks for the feedback. I removed the service policy from both SVI interfaces but he error is still there when applying the policy to the physical interfaces.

"Order of classes in policy name Customer2_POLICY is not consistent with installed policy"

I'm just not sure what the error is telling me. The odd part is that if I each of these QOS configurations to independent 3850's, it works fine. I've been researching this issue for days and I've gone through multiple configurations example but nothing fixes my problem.

Anyone know if the limitation here is that you can't apply QOS on more than one physical interface on the 3850? That's the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card