cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3850 set to ignore startup config unable to remove SOLVED

ayumifanshawn
Level 1
Level 1

tried clearing my 3850 u threw several different things tried including upgrading and downgrading the software every time the switch reboots the express setup loads then at the end it displays the message startup-config ignored. so, http secure server configuration not dun. im assuming that means it is still set to ignore the boot config i have tried unset SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG and get a read only error   software version is 03.07.05 there is no config i need to save if i could just wipe everything to a clean switch is what i tried to do at this point i just need it to boot and retain the config what would be my next steps? 

pleas note also noticed that

SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1 is present

resolved by entering boot loader while hoalding the mode button while starting up till lights go orange 

then use command SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=0 then BOOT 

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ayumifanshawn 

Using the show version command, check the registry value.
There are records that prevent the device from saving any configuration, booting without taking into account the startup-config.

Regards

Martin L
VIP
VIP

we had similar problems; are u using Console cable to go to "switch" mode ?

if u cannot get or change 1 to 0 in  SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=0 

try renaming or deleting boot =config file to boot=config_backup

ayumifanshawn
Level 1
Level 1
SOLVED using switch: SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=0 then switch: boot while in boot loader resolved the issue!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card