Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3945- boot up fails with no error

Greetings,

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone throw some ideas my way.  I recently sent a working/tested Cisco 3945 ISR router out to a office for redundancy.  Before I did that, I removed WLAN controller and slot module, 1xVWIC2 T1 and 1xVIC2 FX0 modules.  I did however leave the PVDM3 64ch and 1x VWIC t1 modules and flash card, which had a v15 IOS loaded and basic config.  Upon delivery they said it doesn't work, "it hangs" and no damage externally or failed hardware (power supplies/fans).  These things always make me wonder, cause hangs is so vague and do not really see Cisco routers do this unless they are taking larger than normal packets or someone turned on debugging without turning it off.  

Here's my thinking and hope someone can chime in and throw some ideas at me before I get on a call with them on Monday.  I attached a screen shot they sent of the boot up and looks to me that its trying to initialize the current config file which which may be trying to initialize the voice channels.  Could this be as easy as killing the current config loaded, going into rommon and setting it back to default maybe?  Or just removing the PVDM card maybe?  

I hate to say something is just broke, I rarely see this and being I powered it up and tested the hardware, I don't want to involve tac until I can rule out the obvious.  I did, however, test and powered down the router before removing the additional hardware.  Would this current config on the router that may have lingering hardware (which I removed) in the config cause this to happen as well?  

Side note: The flash cleared and below were the contents of the flash before sending out the router.

Router#sho flash

-#- --length-- -----date/time------ path

1     55277232 Jul 07 2014 07:51:20 c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M3.bin

201228288 bytes available (55279616 bytes used)

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remove all modules and boot.

Another thing, your IOS is very old.  VERY. 

If you want to stick with 15.0(1)M-series then go to M10 but don't just "sit" in an old M3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: