Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,when the VSS will be supported on Catalyst Supervisor Engine 7-E or 7-LE and on Catalyst 4500-X?And does VSS will require Enterprise license ? or the IP base will be enaugh?TksPaolo

pbassoli by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've recently read in Ciso documents that the arp timeout should be confugured less than the mac-ding timer. I've tried to apply some thought to it and this is what I could muster up.Consider a connection like this Router --- L2 Switch ---- PC's ...

Question:I am wondering if the asymmetric routing and HSRP issue demonstrated in the following link as Case Study #8 will apply to any multilayer switches environment with same topology and same config as case 8? Such as if the two switches are 4506E...

Hello everyone -- I read over the chart for support of the 16-port 10G module for the 6500-E chassis, but I'm having issues completely understanding the matrix and what's required to support it.  We've got dual SUP-720-3B modules with PFC3 daughter c...

I am replacing Catalyst 4506 switches with Catalyst 4500Xs in a VSS pair. Currently we use GLBP and set up the GLBP IP address to be the address we want to use as the default gateway for that VLAN (e.g. 10.10.1.253). From what I've read and understan...

snowmizer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hellowe are using N5K switches in our lan with 2 VDC: VDC2 for distribution layer to connect access switches+ VDC3 to connect our servers vlans. a L3 linl  is between vdc2 and vdc3. 2 N5K are used for redendancywe have vlan222 that is created in both...

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i configured a vlan for on a 3750 switch, when i try to access on of that vlan servers i don't get any response, i did a capture on that vlan interface and found that my pc sends the syn and te server recives it and it sends the syn,ack back but t...

hi allI have two 3560-24PS-S catalyst switches running c3560-advipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE.binI want to update them to IOS 15 to prepare to my CCIE v5 !I want to verify before updating, will they be fine with IOS 15 or they are not able to perform wit...

Dear Experts, We are faciing problem with 3800 router. network is not functional. when we checked on console we getting error message -SYSTEM ERROR(s) on :    PRIMARY Bus of FIO 0 We have tried every possible diagnose (Flash card replaced, Gig module...

Hello All,I need some urgent assistance with some DHCP Issues in my network.Recently we noticed users having problems getting IP addresses from IOS DHCP Server.Please see my configs below:3750X STACK (IOS Version 12.2(58r)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1))i...