cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5596UP Fails to Allow Console Access After Reboot

chad patterson
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have fallen victim to the CSCun66310 bug: Nexus 5596: System fails to boot after a power cycle

The resolution posted is to run a certain script then upgrade to a certain stable image. But my question is; if I cant even get console access then how can I run a script or do ANYTHING at all? 

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What error messages do you see when you connect a console cable to the switch?

HTH

Nothing. I cant get a console. The STAT light on the front remains a constant amber

Than maybe you want to open a ticket with TAC and most likely they will RMA the switch.

HTH 

Of course that's the proper route, but that is not an option in this case;  there is no contract or warranty for this switch, hence my S.O.S. post to the community boards.

Now back to the topic; Is there a way to manually flash the eeprom chip? I cannot get console access. 

I've just got the exact same problem.

Rebooted the switch, nothing on the console port, back stat light is constant amber.

Anyone with a solution?

Maybe a 3rd party can fix.   I just had this happen at a site that I thought had the fix but didn't.  Opened a TAC case and Cisco did an RMA to replace the switch.  Found a couple more without the fix (sh sprom sup | i H/W shows 1.0) so will be requesting the debug plugin and script.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card