Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've read from Cisco CCNA book that ASIC is slow when using CAM so they decided to use a specialized memory called TCAM to perform faster lookups...but why? how this TCAM can perform a faster lookup? is the TCAM a copy from MAC table?

I had configured a 3850 so that I could implement it into our environment.  Once I had finished the configuration, I reloaded the switch just to make sure everything was ok.  I hadn't set a password for the console, so when the switch booted up, it t...

Dan Man by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm thinking of configuring IP SLA's to monitor network quality for VoIP. We have 50 sites that come into our data centre via MPLS. This would obviously be where we put the receiver. Questions are: 1. Would having 50 sites polling the one router have...

louis0001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got a cisco 3560CG 8 port poe switch that I got at home and I want to know how to do vlan routing I want to assign something like this uplink port gig 0/9 - uplink to router Router uplinks to cable modem and to intetnet uplink port gig 0/1 - 0/3 - ...

Dragomir by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm testing connectivity between 2 Fabric Site with SD-Access transit network. I have done a simple POC :PC A (192.168.10.100) <-> HQ Fabric site <-> SDA Transit network <-> FIAB Fabric site <-> PC B (192.168.20.100) I can see BGP sessions between...

I'm new to this technology, so please forgive any misuses of terminology.I'm interested in learning how to configure FC over Ethernet so I can experiment "talking" to one of my old FC tape drives over a 10GBE network.To this end I've bought a 10GBE C...

JimCh by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, When the eval license has expired on the 9300 what license mode will the switch be on. Will it have basic dot1x/routing protocols enabled without a essentials or advantage. Slightly confused on what is available without a license . Thanks  

Resolved! Delete dir

hello all,so i want to delete this folder in the flash so i can upload the correct version to updatewhats is the correct command to do that?delete <folder>rmdir <folder>

folder to delete.png