cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6500 switch

msab
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 6500 switch, all usernames have been removed while "aaa new-model" remained on the config.  Cannot login the switch since it's requestiing username. I have the enable password. Is there anyway to by pass username request ?

8 Replies 8

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

have you tried password recovery process?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_password_recovery09186a0080133fb1.shtml

6500 supervisor 720 IOS prior to 12.2(17)SX:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_password_recovery09186a00801caa95.shtml

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

There is no password problem. It’s the username .

I believe the recovery process is about bypassing the startup-config and evade initializing the whole config not just passwords!

CheerZ.

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

Mehran,

Is is the same for console access?

Has the config been saved since the removal of the username?

If yes to both, than as Soroush suggested do a password recovery.  Once you are in enable mode, you can set a new username and password.

HTH

hi Reza...

have you worked with ASR 9000 (ios-xr)?

this transition from 6500 to ASR9K is killing me!

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

Hi Soroush,

Unfortunately not.  I work on a Government project currently and we were about to purchase a couple of them for the core, but the price was just toooo high.  I saw your question the other night regarding the mls qos and could not find the equivalent.  I heard, they are pretty nice devices.  How do you like the hardware and software?

Thanks,

Reza

Im on a project where currently 6500's are working for core and going to be replaced by ASR9K, im still working on ASR configuration. actualy i have to copy the 6500 into the ASR but there are loads of differences n I have to address them. also there is little documention and config exmples available comparing to regular IOS... So, it is going on slow... pffff...

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

I'm accessing through console. Switch is live and has heavy load. trying to avoid reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card