cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6509 + Sup 720 10G module options

Richard Tapp
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble working out which 10gb modules will fit in a VS-S720-10G, we do have GBICs in them, but I am not in a position to validate what they are. All I can get from the switch is they are 10Gbase-SR.

I need to use the spare TE ports to connect down to a new pair of Netapp filers. We will be able to get them resonably close together.

So my question is, if my TE GBICS are say SR SC MMF, do we just need to make sure the SFP+ on the Netapp is SR MMF with the correct connectors ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @Richard Tapp ,

you should be fine with MMFiber and a SR MMF SFP on the other device(s) 10Gbase SR is MM.

Hope  to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @Richard Tapp ,

you should be fine with MMFiber and a SR MMF SFP on the other device(s) 10Gbase SR is MM.

Hope  to help

Giuseppe

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard,

The Sup720-10G has the following. If you have populated the GBICs, then all you have left is 1G SFP (not SFP+).

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking Group

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 10.32.47 AM.png

Another quick question. I am assuming the 10 gb GBIC ports are able to be configured as trunk ports down to another device (as you would with any other network port). The ones we currently use are for VSS and have very little config on them

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card