cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 871 Question...

mrhooper11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small office networt (30+) PC, Mac, Unix machines. I have a Cisco 871  router off of a Full T1 going into one 48 port Switch. The switch is able to use LACP links which I use for our servers. Is there a way to do this with the 871? It is creating a bottleneck for our internet users. Should I be looking at a more robust router? Or if anyone has a simpler solution I would be glad to try it.

Thanks for any input

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Actually the bottleneck is the T1 circuit. An 871 router can handle much faster circuits without a problem.

Having LACP on it, would not do anything in terms of performances or features.

So in other words: if you want a better performances, get a faster Internet circuit.

mrhooper11
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick response. That was what I was afraid of. Now I just have to find an economical way to increase our bandwidth.

You are welcome, please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Also, give a look to "show ip nat transactions". You may find that often, some people uses BW for non work-related activities.

That was what I was afraid of. Now I just have to find an economical way to increase our bandwidth.

Depends on what country you are in, xDSL is a cheaper alternative.

I am in the US. I am thinking of bringing in cablevision, which is our local cable provider, and segregate that line for the web use and keep the T1 as our dedicated FTP pipe. The cable is cheap, but it is a burstable, shared network.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card