Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877 Router Configuration Problem

vikramsokhi17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys....

My name is Vikram and I am totally new to Cisco community or I should say cisco world. My company recently buy the Cisco 877 router to replace the Thomson router we have for our broadband from Eclipse. The ISP provided us with 2 vaild IP address 81.168.10.229 and 81.168.10.230. I have tried to confiure the router with the software thats shipped with the device but nothing I cant connect to internet. I try to call my ISP but they are not supporting. I cant think of anything else. I even try to follow the steps from our other Cisco router 875 but nothing. I need to setup this router so that I can created a VPN tunnel between 2 watchguard firebox so that I can confiure my branch office server and onnect that server to my main network..

Guys I really need your help here.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks

Vikram

1 Reply 1

Brandon Lynch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Vikram,

FastEthernet4 is the WAN port on this router.  Are you assigning the IP directly to this interface or obtaining the IP via DHCP?  What does Fa4 connect to and what does it show for its port status in 'show interfaces'?  Can you please attach the configuration from the router (show run) along with a 'show interface' output?  Thanks.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card