cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 881 Port security

davehales
Level 1
Level 1

Was wondering how to set port security on the 881. I have all the FE ports shutdown except one and want to limit that port to one specific MAC address. 

Thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Q. What are the differences between the Cisco 860 and 880 Series with integrated switches and the Cisco 850 and 870 Series with integrated switches?

A. The following features have been added to the Cisco 860 and 880 Series with integrated switches:

• Dynamic and static port security

• Secure MAC addresses

• MAC filtering

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

Is the FE port connected to a switch or directly to an internet connection?

Sorry,  guess I could have provided more info.  User will take home the 881, plug their home router lan port to the 881 wan, then connect work provided IP phone (CISCO 7975) into FE LAN 0 and pass thru to computer.  I want to deny them the ability to plug their home computer into the 881 based on MAC.

I would assume all you need to do is

int fax/x

switchport mode access

switchport port-security

switchport port-security mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx sticky

You can choose whatever violation you want such as [shutdown|protect|restrict] The default is shutdown.

Once you run this command 'switchport port-security mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx sticky' it will add it to the

running-configuration then you can do a copy run start to save it to the startup config. That way if it reboots

it will still have the MAC address in the config.

Hope this helps.

The switchport mode access command is there, however switchport port-security is not. 

Looks like I will use the mac access-list and mac access-group

Yeah, you may have to do the mac access-list and mac access-group. I'm not too familiar with the Cisco 881 as far as configuring port security goes. I'll see if I can find a configuration guide online for ya.

Q. What are the differences between the Cisco 860 and 880 Series with integrated switches and the Cisco 850 and 870 Series with integrated switches?

A. The following features have been added to the Cisco 860 and 880 Series with integrated switches:

• Dynamic and static port security

• Secure MAC addresses

• MAC filtering

jpertuz01
Level 1
Level 1

Sé que mi respuesta sale años después pero logré investigar y espero les sirva a todos.
Desde el equipo CISCO 881 se configura la seguridad de puertos de la siguiente forma:

(config)#mac-address-table secure ZZZZ.YYYY.XXXX fastEthernet X vlan ID
(config)#mac-address-table secure sticky fastEthernet 3

(config)#mac-address-table secure maximum <1-200> fastEthernet X

Esta configuración se debe realizar por vlan y por MAC cada línea para que funcione si son varias MAC de forma estatica debe ser por línea y también por vlan por ejemplo si tienen vlan de voz o es un puerto troncal.

Saludos y espero les ayude

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card