cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 Password Recovery Failing

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

I have built the config on my stack, and the last thing I did was configure AAA locally, as I need to get to the config from my MGMT network, so I issued the aaa commands to use the local account.

Now , I can get the Login prompt form MGMT network at my desk, happy days! but the account does not work, (I know the credentials I am typing are correct)

so I had  to head back down to the DC and console on, and its asking me for username again which no longer works, I didnt even touch the line con 0 config.

to top it all off, I cant reset the switch to recover passsword! it says hold the mode button, I do for nearly 5 minutes and it just boots as normal, any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

James

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Is no service password recovery enabled ?

It should boot to switch: prompt when the mode button is held goes orange same recovery as previous models , if its not going into that prompt you wont be able to recover it , does it show you the orange light when its held ? its only for first 30 seconds you should see it

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/catalyst-9300-password-recovery/td-p/3433758
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card