Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9400 and StackWise Virtual?

Does anyone know StackWise Virtual is support in 9400 series? if not. Is there any feature can do something like this (maybe vss or anything). or if this series is not support a virtual switch feature in this time. can I do some feature to support Multichassis LAG like a vPC in nexus?

anyone have an information please share with me. 

Thanks

25 Replies 25

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

9400 supports VSS. 

9500 supports Stackwise Virtual.

which software version is support vss on 9400? and do you have any link to configuration guide? I can't find it.

Dears

Can someone help me in understanding the HA in C9400 , its is VSS or Stacking and what are the steps to configure also what are the requirements

9500 SVL support is expected in 16.8.1 which should be on CCO towards end of this month. It will support StackWise Virtual (SVL) on 10G and 40G links for all 9500. However, SVL connections will not initially be supported on the uplink module. This should get enabled in a later release.
9400 chassis Stackwise-virtual (which offers the functionalities as VSS) is currently targeted with 16.9 release with single supervisor.  Support with dual-supervisor is under consideration.

Thanks a lot for your clarification , when we can expect 16.9 release approx.

Hello

For stackwise virtual need to make sure the switch's are of the same make/model/ios version and licensing.

Both switches:

1)  Domain ID
conf t
stackwise-virtual
domain 12
exit

2) Virtual Link
conf t
int x/x
stackwise-virtual link 10
exit

3) DAD
int ten x/x
stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection
exit

wr

- reload both of the switches

Confirm -

show stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection
show stackwise-virtual switch number
show stackwise-virtual link
show stackwise-virtual neighbours

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

sbhadrav@cisco.com wrote:

9500 SVL support is expected in 16.8.1 which should be on CCO towards end of this month.

Is 16.8.1 going to be released or the rebuild 16.8.1a?  The reason why I'm asking is because of CSCvj73842 (Cat9500 Stackwise Virtual - Active reloads after failover event and reload standby).

When are we expecting 16.9 for stackwise virtual of C9400? Can you provide ETA?

Hi Team,

IOS 16.09.01 already released and ready to download. It was released on 18-JUL-2018.

CAT9300/9400/9500 Universal
cat9k_iosxe.16.09.01.SPA.bin

@sbhadrav@cisco.com wrote:

9500 SVL support is expected in 16.8.1 which should be on CCO towards end of this month. It will support StackWise Virtual (SVL) on 10G and 40G links for all 9500. However, SVL connections will not initially be supported on the uplink module. This should get enabled in a later release.
9400 chassis Stackwise-virtual (which offers the functionalities as VSS) is currently targeted with 16.9 release with single supervisor.  Support with dual-supervisor is under consideration.

for my understanding, you mean 2x 9400 in each one SUP, or? so talking about dual-supervisors (2 SUPs in each chassis = sum of 4) and virtual Stacking is this today still the case of beeing under consideration?

Cisco 9410 does not support either 1 or 2 sup
for stackwise virtual feature

yes, i know aboutit the 9410, but what's with the 9404 and 9407? is virtual stacking with 4 SUPs (2 active/standby in each switch) already supported?

Quad sup will be available on Sup1-XL and SUP1-XL-Y to enable quadsup (or StackWise virtual). Quad sup support (RPR mode) on 9400 has been targeted  for 17.2.1,  March 2020.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card