cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500-16X-E Not booting into Exec mode

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

The switch is not still booting to the exec mode ......it hangs as in the attached image. when i press enter or no ..it doesn't go further. Pls help

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- And what happens if you answer yes ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Can't press yes or no. Just hang

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the console settings.

I've checked it very well no headway

9600 baud
• 8 data bits
• 1 stop bit
• No parity
• None (flow control)

What happens if you use an ordinary USB to micro-USB as a console?

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

Can't access through web as well but I could get management IP through dhcp from d switch.

- That's a bit irrelevant at this stage , you need to get the basic configuration done first , as prompted on the console. What is your console terminal/operator  equipment look like ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I used this same cable forthe other  C9200 nd it work fine

- For sanity reasons, try to use a native cisco console cable. Usually gets delivered with the device (too).

M.

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

@marce1000...the switch later boot successfully after several tries.

Thanks everybody

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card