cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C1000 switches FROZE

bilel dhaouadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm an IT technician in a company. I installed 5 Cisco C1000 switches, and they initially worked normally. However, after some days, they froze, and I couldn't ping them or access their web interface. As a temporary solution, I rebooted them and after some other days, they froze again, but this disrupted the computer network until the switches were restarted.

who know the cause or the solution please !

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try and see if you can upgrade to latest firmware of the IOS code

and setup a syslog - see any obnormal logs before you reboot the switch.

how is these switches connected all are in default vlan 1, what config each switch has ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use latest advisory release when such problems happen : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286324134/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E7 and check if that can make an improvement.

Also configure a central syslog server (service) on all of the C1000's , then review logs  send at time of freezing and or just before , sometimes particular network events can then be detected or other possible causes , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What IOS version are the switches on?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card