Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9200 switch

eshalvebba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have an existing x3 stack Cisco c9200 switches. We intend to add one more c9200 into the stack.

I was wondering can we redo the stack cable arrangements while those 3 switches stay powered on while adding the 4th switch?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Normally yes , it depends on what you mean by redo the stack cable arrangements in the sense that the topology of the current stack train may not be interrupted and that there can only be 'adding to the topology' , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you have 3 switches in the stack, cables should be connected as follows:

sw1-sw2-sw3-sw1

If this is not how the stacking cables are connected, during a maintenance window, shut down the whole stack, rearrange the cables, add the 4th switch to the stack (see link figure 2) with the correct parameters, and finally turn on the stack, starting with the switch that has the highest priority configured.

sw1-sw2-sw3-sw4-sw1

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/hardware/install/b-c9200-hig/installing_the_switch.html

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card