Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco-C9500-48Y4C

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does the high performance Cisco 9500 switches (C9500-48Y4C) support SVL? 

Cisco IOS XE Fuji 16.9.x
Unsupported Features—Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches - High Performance
Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC)

High Availability—Cisco Stackwise Virtual, Stateful Switchover (SSO), In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU), Nonstop Forwarding (NSF) (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) NSF and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) NSF, NSF support for IPv6, NSF Awareness (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF))

MPLS Label Distribution Protocol (MPLS LDP) VRF-Aware Static Labels

Next Generation Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR) and Next Generation NBAR (NBAR2)

QoS Options on GRE Tunnel Interfaces

Thanks in advance for any replies.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Reza,

The link to the doc tells me how to configure SVL, my question was are the 9500 high performance switches able to support SVL.

I only ask as because the release notes say not supported.   

Cheers,

Hi,

Yes, they do as long as you are running 16.6.x or later. SVL stand for StackWise Virtual link, which is usually 2 10 Gig or 2 40 Gig links between the 2 switchers when building a StackWise Virtual system. see figure 3 in the link I posted.

The two-node solution of Cisco StackWise Virtual is normally deployed at the aggregation layer. Two switches are connected over a StackWise Virtual link (SVL).

HTH

Hi Reza,

As I suspected! Code version 16.9.4 and below does not support the SVL feature.

TAC engineer recommended 16.12.2 as a minimum due to the switches being the high performance models utilising different ASIC's.

Trying this now to ascertain if this actually works.

Not sure where you got your info from? Thanks anyway for the reply.

Jay   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card