Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 2960 system time change

matemstipes93
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I'm having trouble with my Cisco Catalyst 2960 (actually two of them). I changed the system time on them 3 weeks ago and it was affirmed successfully. One week ago I checked and the system time was correct and actual but today it occured for the second time in two months that the system time was misteriously changed.

It keeps reverting to March 1993. The interesting part is that the time was changed on both of them, so I have March 1993. on both of them.

Grateful in advance,

stipes.

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Stipes-

Check to see have they have been power cycled. They are getting the default time which happens after a reboot.

Stipes

Check for power cycle, or reload, or anything that would cause the switches to reboot.

Many Cisco network devices, especially higher end devices, have a calendar that maintains the date and time over a boot cycle. But other devices, including these switches, lose their set time when the boot. To get correct time you either need a manual clock set, or you need to run NTP and let them learn time from a time source.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card