cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco catalyst 4510r+e Hybrid?

israelhouse
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a new 4510. this is the first cisco we have purchased. we have been a 3com shop until now. this switch is going to connect another building to our network. the 3com switches it connects to are all ports set to hybrid vlan 1 default (data) vlan 2 (voice) tegged. How do i get the cisco to work in this network config? thanks this is my first time here. i want to be able to plug in a ip phone or computer to any port and work.

Thanks again

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

interface

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan

swithport voice vlan

Guessing this should be on all ports? When i plug in a phone it does not see the network. Phones are programmed to work on vlan 2 and data on vlan 1. Any ideas? thanks for your help.

You can do it on all ports

interface range gi 1/0/1 - 48

Does the phone get an ip address? If Not

Remember to specify the DHCP helper address on VLAN 2 and VLAN 1

interface vlan 1

ip helper-address (DHCP server IP for DATA)

interface vlan 2

ip helper-address (DHCP server IP for VOICE)

Phones are set to a static address and set to vlan 2.

Set all ports and phone only works in local mode meaning it does not get back to the phone system server. I am lost.

Don't let the phone tag the packets, the switch will reconise the voice device, and automaticly tag the packets. What is your config on your uplink port and can you ping your voice device from the router?

same config on all. what should the uplink be on the cisco? on the 3com it is vlan 1 on port 1 access, and vlan 2 access tagged.

we normaly do not have to do anything to an uplink on a switch inside the netwrk as far as uplink go

es only on the main switch. usually all ports are hybrid.

We have tried the uplink as a trunk

as well..no go. I cant think of any thing new to try. this is really getting old. This was so easy on the 3com. any one have any ideas?

1.  Depends on what phones you are using, check that CDP is enable.

2.  Check your trunk links to ensure Data and Voice VLANs are allowed and encapsulation is dot1q.

Can you ping your voice server from the switch? Can you ping your neigbhour switch management IP?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card