Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 500 series etherchannel not working

prajith.ep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Iam not able to configure etherchannel in catalst 500 series switch

I have created an etherchannel group and assigned the required ports into that group, I have connected a server on the other end.I am able to see that the etherchannel status is showing "In Use", but iam not able to ping the other end device.What could be the issue?

3 Replies 3

MUKUL JOSHI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prajith,

What is o/p of show etherchannel summary.If it's SU then your etherchannel is up aand working.Please check whether you have assigned portchannel to required VLAN.There could be some other issue related to VLANs and ip addressing.

BRegards

Mukul

Hi Mukul,

Thanks for the reply

The switch only supports GUI and I cannot take the CLI. However I can see the etherchannel status as "In Use".There are no Vlans configured in the switch, all the ports are in default vlan.

I have assigned the switchport role to the interfaces to be added in the etherchannel group and have configured etherchannel as per the below doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_configuration_example09186a00806da6c9.shtml

The status of etherchannel is "In Use". But I am not able to comunicate with the other end device.

Show us the config of the interface. Is in access mode? Is in trunk?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card