Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960L-24TS-LL - No IP and WebUI

Hiddai
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Hi,

Unfortunately, I tried to reset my device through the configuration CLI tab in IOS-WebUI and I ruined it.

Now, I see no IP (no 10.0.0.1 or the IP the device got from DHCP).

Also, I can't browse to it's IOS WebUI.

Please, help me to recover the device.

Guide me to the simplest way to recover it (anyway, I'm junior).

I have a RJ45-USB console cable.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First change the Boot variable to boot correctly :

you need to change 2 config here

1 is boot variable :

config t

no boot system

boot system flash:/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b.bin

end

wr

2nd config reg

config t

confreg 0x2102

end

wr

and reload the device.

Once the device reloaded - you can setup the switch as normal, if you like GUI, then you need to configure your PC with IP 10.0.0.2 gateway 10.0.0.1 (ping 10.0.0.1 - if that work, you can use GUI to configure) - make sure you setup username and passswor.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_sg/cisco-start/assets/pdfs/Cisco_Catalyst_2960-L_Easy_Setup_Guide_20161105.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks. But I already reviewed this article and as I already mentioned I lost 10.0.0.1 address

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you use the console cable and connect to the switch and post the output?

HTH

attached bootlog.txt file

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a RJ45-USB console cable. - connect the console cable to the device and post complete bootlogs here to understand the issue.

BB

attached bootlog.txt file 

Are you booting the switch Manually?

switch: boot
Loading "c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b"...
Error loading "c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.
..................................................Loading "flash:/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b.bin"...Verifying image flash:/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b.bin...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Image passed digital signature verification
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
File "flash:/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000
executing...

BB

Hello

From the switch prompt run the commands below and post them into a txt file and attached to this post

switch> enable

show version 

show boot

show run

dir flash:

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

attached additional file :)

Yes.

I'm sorry.

I understand the following request: "...and post complete bootlogs" - as to perform it manually

First change the Boot variable to boot correctly :

you need to change 2 config here

1 is boot variable :

config t

no boot system

boot system flash:/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b/c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b.bin

end

wr

2nd config reg

config t

confreg 0x2102

end

wr

and reload the device.

Once the device reloaded - you can setup the switch as normal, if you like GUI, then you need to configure your PC with IP 10.0.0.2 gateway 10.0.0.1 (ping 10.0.0.1 - if that work, you can use GUI to configure) - make sure you setup username and passswor.

BB

since I have no experience with that:

Before I start performing your instructions:

1) to perform the instruction, in what state I should load the switch now?

- press on mode button then connect with putty? (the following line is displayed: "switch#")

OR

- start as usual, just turn on the switch and connect via putty? (the following line is displayed: "switch>")

2) after performing your instructions:

In order to connect to the switch that configured with IP: 10.0.0.1 via web browser - 

Should I configure the PC IP to 10.0.0.X?

To perform the task you need to get in to enable mode

> enable

you get hash prompt. ( you can copy and paste my commands)

#

you can reload the device, configure your PC with 10.0.0.X (2-254) with the gateway 10.0.0.1 then you use browser to configure.

BB

confreg 0x2102 and config-register 0x2102 commands show "Invalid input detected at '^' marker"

How can I take over this issue please?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card