Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CBS220-8T time setting issue

Sorin Vlasceanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the Cisco CBS220-8T that I am using.

In the webpage at administration/time settings I select manual settings to set the date an time. I import it from my pc, it reads it ok but when I press apply it goes back to the value that was shown at the beggining (for ex 2022-Nov-30). If I press apply again it shows 2021-nov-30. If i press apply again it shows 2020-nov-30. You got the ideea.

The firmware version is 2.0.1.5 on some of them and 2.0.1.9 on others.

I cannot connect them to the internet.

Can anyone help me.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Based on the information provided, it appears there might be an issue with the firmware versions you are using (2.0.1.5 and 2.0.1.9) on your Cisco CBS220-8T switches. You might want to consider upgrading the firmware to the latest version to resolve this issue. However, since you mentioned that you cannot connect the switches to the internet, you may need to download the latest firmware version from a device that has internet access, and then manually install it on the switches. Please refer to the Cisco Business 220 Series Smart Switches Administration Guide or the document titled "New to Cisco Business: How to Download and Upgrade Firmware on any Device" for detailed instructions on how to manually upgrade the firmware. If problems persist after upgrading the firmware, I recommend contacting Cisco Support for further assistance.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

Hello, 

On one of them I allready upgrade the firmware to the latest version that was available arround the time I posted. The problem persist. I discovered that 2 other sw CBS220-24T prezent the same problem.

Other sw CBS250, CBS350 doses not have any problems.

So... Other ideas? Maybe a glitch in the intenal software.

Thank you. 

Sorin Vlasceanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I solved the problem by adding a time server from my network to Administration/Time Settings/SNTP Setting

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card