Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CML 2.0 Stackwise configuration

IS34lyf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to configure Stackwise in CML 2.0?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There is no mention of stacking in the datasheet. I guess that is because the supported platforms are mostly routers and not newer catalyst switch models.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/modeling-labs/datasheet-c78-739062.html

HTH 

I guess i can work with 1 switch instead since 2 cat switches stackwise is 1 logical switch. Do you see anything wrong with this approach?

Yes, as long as you are not stacking them or using StackWise virtual, you should be just fine.

HTH

Martin L
VIP
VIP

No, no such possibility in CML, nor in any other virtual world. Stackwise would require special cables to inter-connect switches in the back in a cross manner;  Most of Stackwise configuration is automatic; switches elect Master/standby, top switch should be number 1.  The major significant difference between stand alone and Stackwise switches is port density and port numbering system: Fa x/0/1 and Fa x/0/1 where x is number of stack switch.

I think CML switch supports upto 16 interfaces; if you need to connect more devices, you need add another switch and interconnect with trunk.  This means configuring STP, trunks, and other protocols which are necessary skills for any network admin anyway; not to mention, those skills are tested on most certification exams.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card